A personal development expert, lawyer, teacher, author and facilitator dedicated to helping you live a happy, fulfilling and epic life.
Let me tell you a little about myself…
In 2012, I was stopped dead in my tracks by a mysterious virus while I was training for the Vancouver International Marathon. All of a sudden I couldn’t run 1 mile, let alone 26.2. Funny thing is that the mysterious health crisis was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It made me realize that despite all the trappings of success that I had as a lawyer, I was really unhappy. At the age of 50, I walked away from my 6-figure job to regain my health. Was it scary? Hell, yes! But mostly, it was incredibly liberating.
What I realized was that not only did I not love my job as a lawyer, but also that simply working in a single career wasn’t fulfilling for me. And, truth be told, I’m too much of a disruptor to thrive in corporate life. Never mind thinking outside the box, how about throwing away the box altogether and getting rid of those perceived limits. That’s what led me to getting my coaching certification and then, becoming a multi-faceted entrepreneur doing what I do best – helping others to see their full potential and to see beyond their perceived limits. So now, I teach law at a local post-secondary institution, I coach and mentor people to help them transform their lives, I facilitate team building sessions for organizations and I’m working on my second book. My work brings me immeasurable joy. It is an incredible privilege to be part of someone’s educational, career and life journey.
When not teaching, coaching, facilitating or writing, I can be found running, cycling, kayaking or enjoying a glass of wine in North Vancouver, BC.
What is Claire?
As a personal development expert, I am part Catalyst, part Champion, part Cheerleader, part Mentor and part Sage (no, not the herb).
- Catalyst – To make a significant transformative change, many of us need a fire-starter to get us off the couch.
- Champion – Sometimes, we are not ready to make our dreams come true. That’s where having someone to be our champion – someone who will support our vision, goal or ambition – can help us to turn our dreams into reality.
- Cheerleader – We all need someone in our corner. Someone who will not give up on us and who will encourage us to be our best selves.
- Mentor – Having an experienced advisor, guide and coach alongside can make the journey easier and much more fun. (Something you should know about me – I’m all about the fun. Yes, making your dreams come true is hard work, but nothing says you can’t have some fun along the way.)
- Sage – Having someone who will see past the surface and call it like it is, without sugar-coating things, helps us to get past the bullsh*t and to overcome our perceived limits.